Supermom and Superdad

I tell you, sometimes you just want to shout out to the world how GREAT you are (this is usually after you have had a really hard day, then have a moderately good idea and want to pat yourself on the back). Here are two great ideas we came up with this week:

1) Philip and James are going stir crazy. They want to play in the park, in the sandbox, anywhere but inside the house. It is raining buckets, so unfortunately indoors is the only place they can play. Superdad to the rescue.... Graham takes out a baking pan with raised lids, pours out some rice, and puts in all their Bob the Builder trucks. Instant indoor sandbox! The boys played with it for hours. I got into the spirit and divided the rice into two piles, then put in some green and blue food coloring. How cool is that.... rice in their favorite colors! Worth another extra hour of play.


2) Thirty minutes to go before we leave for a baby shower, and I remember that it is a potluck and I still don't have anything to take. Think, think, think...... this is a job for Supermom! I get out our Costco box of graham crackers and break them up into squares. Then I pour some semisweet chocolate chips into a little bowl and microwave for 40 seconds, stir, then microwave for 40 seconds again, then stir until the mixture is smooth. Then I put the chocolate into a little sandwich bag and snip off one of the corners. Then I pipe squiggles, stars and trees onto the graham crackers. Pop in the fridge for 10 minutes and Presto! Some yummy, pretty chocolate grahams. Time to make, including chill time, was about 15 minutes. I'm sure somebody (Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray or Betty Crocker) has done this before, but I'm claiming the idea anyway.

No comments: