10 things I love about Miss B



My dear friend, the Divine Miss B, is gone. Her husband has finished his master's degree here at Stanford, so the whole family has moved back to Houston. It's hard to believe I first met her only two years ago, at our gym's childcare facility, where my son was biting her daughter on a regular basis. I thought she'd tell the bad-parent police to go get me, but she just laughed it off and said he'd outgrow it. It's little things like that which have made her such a great friend to everyone she meets. Here are some other reasons I'm grateful for her friendship:
  1. She taught me that all kids are different and no kid is perfect.
  2. She introduced me, a non-coffee drinker, to the only Starbucks hot coffee drink I really like (tall decaf nonfat latte with sugar-free hazelnut syrup).
  3. She reminded me that moms need playdates as much as their kids do.
  4. She has introduced me to a whole new group of girlfriends.
  5. She is a living example of the power of positive thinking and perseverance.
  6. She encouraged me to complete my first half-marathon.
  7. She showed me that yes, Republican conservatives can be nice people too.
  8. She taught me to be proud of my addiction to American Idol and celebrity gossip blogs.
  9. She has given me an infinite number of ideas for romantic presents for my husband.
  10. She made me feel like her best friend -- and I suspect made all her friends feel the same way.
Good luck in Houston, Miss B, and see you soon!

No comments: