Give, baby, give!


This October, I'm joining my fellow Silicon Valley Mom bloggers in DonorsChoose.org's 2008 Blogger Challenge. Click here to read all the good reasons why you should join us as well.

Here's how it works:

  • Go to the Silicon Valley Moms Blog Donors Choose page.

  • Scroll through the list of projects we are supporting. These proposals were submitted by real, live teachers in classrooms in underpriviledged areas.

  • Choose a project and type in the amount you want to donate to that project.


  • By the way, you can give as little as $1. Yup, that's right. That's 72 Euro. 57 British pence. 105 Yen. If you're feeling ashamed of that itty-bitty-amount, think of it as 9,444 Indonesian Rupiahs. I even tried it myself and they let me.

    (I know, I can see you jeering cheeeeep!!, but I wanted to see if it was really true. After all, if The Pea gives a dollar of her allowance, that's significant considering she has less than $50 to her name. And I did go back and make a more substantial donation.)

    We have nothing to offer you except our undying thanks and the satisfaction of knowing you've helped further the education of kids who truly need it. No, I won't be dancing through Rockerfeller Center dressed as a tomato as Sarah Bunting did after she and the readers of her blog, Tomato Nation, helped raise $100,000 (she's taking her tomato costume to the White House this year). For one thing, I don't have a tomato costume...... although I do have a pumpkin costume that I wore in 2003, when I was 7 months pregnant with twins. Hmmmm.....

    1 comment:

    mimi11460 said...

    Is this true? I always had this notion that every American children are the most privilege when it comes to access to education..anyway try to see mine if you can..