Wordless Wednesday: Route 66

Welcome to my Wordless Wednesday post! This month I'm featuring photos from our trip to the Grand Canyon. Click here for more of my WW / Grand Canyon photos.

We spent the last night of our Grand Canyon vacation in Flagstaff, AZ. Flagstaffers, please forgive my ignorance: I had no idea that your city was right smack on the route of Route 66. You'd think the directions from Google maps that said "Continue onto Historic US 66 W" would have given me a clue.

Eventually, it did dawn on me that we were on the famous "Get Your Kicks on Route 66" highway, and fortunately we figured it out before the sun set. So we were able to pull over and take this photo. We got tooted a couple of times so I'm guessing that might not have been quite a legal thing to do. I guess I have to apologize to the Flagstaff highway patrol as well. Oops!

Visit the Wordless Wednesday site for more entries. And don't forget to leave your links below so I can visit your entries as well!

3 comments:

Gattina said...

Wow ! that's interesting I didn't know that either and we also spent a night in Flagstaff coming from the Grand Canyon and it was in 1971, when I went to the States for the first time to visit my aunt and uncle.

Jingle said...

This is a great photo! Yes, they are on 66, along with several other really great places to stop and visit!

Mariana said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I love the orange tones in the photo :) Happy Thanksgiving!