60 miles? Piece of Cake. Pink-Frosted Cake.

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen San Francisco Bay Area 3-Day for the Cure!


Who walks 20 miles one day, goes to bed, then wakes up and does the very same thing the next day -- and the day after? A masochist? A lunatic? How about one who's fighting cancer? Or one who wants to honor a loved one who fought cancer? Or one who's raising money for the cure?


Starting October 3, add me to that list of crazy, motivated people. I've been selected by Energizer® as San Francisco's Keep Going® Blogger for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure® 3 day, 60-mile walk. It's an event where participants walk 60 miles over the course of 3 days and raise funds in support of breast cancer research. I will be walking in the San Francisco Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure which will take place on October 1 - October 3, 2010. I will be blogging throughout my training and during the actual event, and you can follow my progress here, on Bonggamom Finds, on Twitter, and on Facebook.


I was one of only 15 other bloggers in the nation chosen, so I'm honored, happy, excited, and a little nervous, all at the same time. I still can't imagine how I'm going to get through this -- but it can't be any harder than what my aunt and my grandmother went through. Both of them had breast cancer. My grandmother beat it in her 50's and went on to live a long and happy life until she passed away at age 80. Her daughter, my aunt beat it about a decade ago and she's still going strong. If they can fight breast cancer and win, I can walk 60 miles.


I've got the sponsorship of Energizer, the example of my aunt, and the memory of my grandmother to help me -- and I'm also hoping I'll have the companionship and camaraderie from all of you, my family and friends and blog readers. Whether it's a donation to the cause (you can donate via the widget above), or a tip on how to avoid blisters on such a long walk emailed to me, or just a "Way to Go" comment left on any of my future Keep Going® Blogger posts, I will cherish and appreciate any and every form of support!


Update: Energizer no longer has the list of Keep Going® Bloggers on their site, so I've listed the bloggers here:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! You'll do great. Congratulations for being selected. xo

Rhea said...

Congratulations! I look forward to following your journey! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I look forward to following your journey.

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

That's awesome! I'll be cheering you on!

iPhone App Reviews said...

It feel sad to read about your aunt and my grandmother,i congratulate you for what you achieved.Thanks for sharing with us.