31 Days osf Pink: Week 2 & Week 3 Recap


I said it last year, and I'll say it again: Where did the time go? October has just flown by! I can't believe we're in the last week of October already. I've got blog commitment, work projects and volunteer assignments piling up, three Halloween parties to plan, home remodeling projects to manage..... I'm having palpitations just thinking about it all. No, wait -- those palpitations are because I'm all clogged up and can't breathe. Of all the times to come down with a cold.

Why am I boring you with all of this? Because I need an excuse for why I failed to post Pink Photos on October 15, 17, 18 and 19. I could say I wore pink underwear for two of those days (true) and I was too shy to post photos of them (false, because I posted a photo of my bra on Day 11). I could say I painted my nails pink on October 16, plus I use a pink purse every day, so technically I had something pink on for all those days. But the simple truth is, I forgot to take the photos.

I started my first Week of Pink all gung-ho, bragging about how many pink items I own. Easy peasy? Hah! Wearing pink every day, and documenting it, is harder than it seems. I get tired of having to think about it every day. I hate to say it, but... gasp! I'm getting tired of pink! And of taking photos of myself! Sometimes I just want to wear black.

But that's why it's called a challenge. So I will take a deep breath (as deep as I can manage amidst all my coughing and wheezing) and keep going. Hopefully all these Pink Posts will make it easier for a PR person looking to promote their products that benefit breast cancer research to find me. Or maybe someone dropping in to read my blog will read a Pink Post and remember to make a donation to a breast cancer research fund. I'm committed to keeping my blog as pink as I can -- so as sick (and as sick of pink) as I am, I promise to finish the rest of October wearing pink every day! Whether I record it or not is a different matter entirely... :)


You can see all my pink outfits on my 31 Days of Pink Photo Album on Picasa, and check out my Pink Post series on Bonggamom Finds, featuring some great products that benefit breast cancer research. Oh, and remember to do your monthly breast self-exams!

No comments: