Seven Days of Dinner, Oct. 9-15

Tomatoes and basil


I've broken one of my Seven Days of Dinner rules this week. I said vegetables have to be part of each and every meal, yet here I am, putting pancakes on the menu. It is October, so I guess I could make pumpkin pancakes. Or I could sneak some beets into the pancake batter like Jessica Seinfeld does in her Deceptively Delicious cookbook. Or I could just serve the pancakes with blueberries and change the rule to Veggies or Fruit must be part of every meal. Yeah, I like the last option better.


Here's what's on the menu this week:
* Beef stew
* Chicken Caesar salad
* Spaghetti with tomato-basil sauce
* Insalata caprese with cheesy toast triangles (okay, maybe not triangles, just squares)
* Quiche
* Smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, onions and tomatoes on a bagel
* Pancakes

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

GoGoGoodie.com said...

Alway love occasionally doing breakfast for dinner. Usually go the sausage and eggs route...haven't tried pancakes yet!
Sonia @ http://www.gogogoodie.com/