Seven Days of Dinner, Feb. 27 - March 4

Tomatoes and basil

The weather was so nice this weekend, it got me thinking about spring, and all the fresh, green produce that goes with it. Fortunately, the kids all like salad now, so not all the veggies we consume have to be cooked! Ranch and Blue Cheese dressings are still their favorites, but they've grown to appreciate the taste of olive oil and balsamic vinegar -- especially when the oil is smoked, and the vinegar is red wine vinegar from Napa Valley.

I haven't been posting on my Seven Days of Dinner theme for several weeks now, and I want to get back on track. And since I've been craving salads, this week I'm going slightly off-topic and featuring salads, whether they be main dishes or side dishes. Here are seven salads we'll be enjoying this week:

* Spinach Salad with Bacon and Egg
* Chinese Chicken Salad
* Insalata Caprese
* Cobb Salad
* Cole Slaw
* Mixed greens with pears, Roquefort, and caramelized walnuts
* Spinach salad with cranberries, goat cheese and raspberry vinaigrette

I'd better buy an extra-large bag of lettuce!

No comments: