What's for lunch this week?

Chicken salad, crackers, brie, peanut butter, Reeses Pieces

When you're blogging about food, a good photo is essential.  You can rhapsodize over a savory chicken salad, buttery crackers and creamy brie wedge, but if it's accompanied by a photo that's blurred and washed out, no one is going to want to eat it.  Over the past weeks I've tried to improve the appearance of my lunch photos, and although they're far from being Pinterest-worthy, I think they're looking as good as my time (milliseconds out of my crazy morning), talent (minuscule) and equipment (phone camera) will let them be.  I try to shoot in natural light, and I've caught on to the trick of laying the bento boxes on a sheet of scrapbook paper so it looks more lively and colorful.  Hopefully now they look like something you'd want to send to your kids to eat, or even eat yourself!




Veggie burger, apple slices, pumpkin bread



BLT, apple slices, pineapple chips



Veggie dog, mandarin orange slices, fruit cup



Turkey roll, trail mix, dried pineapples


Pin It

1 comment:

Asianmommy said...

Your lunches look great! I've never seen those single-serve peanut butter containers before. Pretty cool!