What's for lunch this week?

Ham & cheese on whole wheat bread, sweet potato chips, trail mix

Did you know that yesterday was Blue Monday?  The third monday of January is supposedly the most depressing day of the year.  I don't know if there's any science or statistics behind it, and it seems to apply only to Northern Hemisphere countries (I first heard about it on the UK channel Sky Sports), but apparently the  combination of the cold/snow/rain, limited daylight, post-holiday blues, post-holiday BILLS and failed New Year's resolutions get people down in the dumps.


It's a good thing that Blue Monday happened to fall on a US public holiday this year, so I didn't have to drag myself out of bed to make lunch for the kids!  After such a great holiday season, it's definitely a challenge adjusting to "normal" life, and I think the lunches I've been packing reflect my general spaced-out feeling.  You know what I mean -- resorting to PBJ sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, goldfish crackers, Oscar Mayer Lunchables....  I've been begging the kids to eat the school lunches for a change, but they would still rather eat my uninspired lunches that line up at the cafeteria and waste their lunchtime.  I suppose I should be happy about that. At least I use organic peanut butter and whole wheat bread.

Here are some of my more ho-hum lunches (and my apologies for the shoddy photography, but it fits the theme).  How about you, dear reader -- what are the kinds of lunches you pack for your kids when you just can't be bothered?

Cheese quesadilla, corn & tomato salad, green grapes



Peanut butter on a blueberry bagel, blueberries, raspberries



Scrambled egg on a buttered muffin, Chocolate Chex, clementine orange



Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, All January has been Blue.
Roll on Feb. Dar.

Asianmommy said...

Hmm...I've never heard of Blue Monday. We spent the day visiting friends, so it was a nice day after all.