What's for Lunch? St. Paddy's edition

Green fruit salad (kiwi, grapes, apples), green-tinted vanilla yogurt, Lucky Charms cereal

Each holiday in the year has a different focus.  The 4th of July is all about the fireworks. Christmas is all about presents.  Mother's Day is all about ME.  Valentine's, Easter and Halloween are all about candy (with the addition of costumes for Halloween).  Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day are all about the food.

Every St. Paddy's Day I like to make a corned beef and cabbage dinner, with scones for dessert.  This year I extended the celebrations to the kids' school lunches; I tried to add something green in their lunchboxes every day of the week.  I've been making liberal use of our bottle of green food coloring to dye our milk and yogurt and lemon bars green.  I bought mint chocolate chip ice cream for grasshopper shakes.  I even broke my sugary cereals rule and bought a box of Lucky Charms!

What are you doing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

Celery salad, green grapes, spinach and cheese quesadilla

Grilled cheese sandwich, green grapes, celery sticks


Veggie chips, crackers, Fig Newtons, Brie wedge, rainbow fruit salad (with green kiwi!)


Roast beef ranch wrap (on a green spinach tortilla!), Fig Newtons, blueberries, Kinder Hippo


Pin It