My 2015 Reading List


I love reading Young Adult novels.  I think it's my favorite literary genre (well, maybe fantasy is my favorite, but the two can definitely overlap!).  Some of the best books I've read over the past several years are ones recommended by The Pea (I've recommended more than few of my own favorites to her, but she is stubborn, and I'm pretty sure I've read more of her recommendations than she has read of mine). I still enjoy reading books from my childhood, and there are so many great YA novels that come out every year, there's always a huge list of books for me to read!  I haven't even finished reading all of the books on my 2014 To-Read List (although I've read many more that were not on that list, such as the Mortal Instruments series, the Blackwell Pages series, the Vampire Academy series -- yes, I succumbed -- and the Bloodlines Series), and I've already got a list for 2015!



This year, I'm using Time Magazine's list of the 100 Best Young Adult Books of All Time as inspiration for my own To-Read list.  I know lists are always subjective, but based on the books on that list that I've already read (41 of them!), I'm going to trust their recommendations. Besides, many of the books on this list are ones that I've been meaning to read anyway!  Check out the list -- which ones have you read?  Which ones do you want to read? Do you agree these are the top 100 YA books of all time?


Here's my 2015 To-Read List

Every book I didn't get around to reading in 2014 plus:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Call of The Wild by Jack
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormler
The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
City of the Beasts by Isabel Allende
The Lost Conspiracy by Frances Hardinge
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Sabriel by Garth Nix
A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin
Thor's Serpent by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr


Pin It

No comments: